For a quick, high protein parantha that all egg-lovers would relish.
- Egg- 1
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper (or red chilly powder)- to taste
- Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
- Water- as required
- Oil/ ghee- for frying
- Knead the flour using water into a soft dough, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, break the egg, add salt, pepper and whisk.
- Roll out the dough into a circle, apply ghee/oil.
- Fold into a semicircle and apply oil again. Refold into a triangle and flatten using a rolling pin.
- Place on a heated griddle and turn to other side when done.
- Identify a crease on the parantha and carefully open it using a knife or a spoon.
- Pour in the egg mixture into it and gently over with other side of the crease.
- Let it sit on low flame until egg is somewhat cooked.
- Apply a little oil and flip on the other side to cook the egg parantha completely.