As the name suggests you can imagine the potential of this Parantha with ingredients from major class of nutrients, particularly proteins, fibre, iron, calcium, vitamins, antioxidants, and a superb taste. It has it all. Paneer provides a soft and beautiful texture, with the mild bitterness of fenugreek beautifully balanced by natural sweetness of carrots. It is just so perfect. So let’s begin!
- Cottage cheese (paneer)- 1 cup, grated
- Carrots- ½ cup, grated
- Fresh Fenugreek leaves (methi saag)- ½ cup, chopped
- Onions- ¼ cup, finely chopped
- Ginger- 1 tsp, grated
- Asafetida- a pinch
- Salt- as per taste
- Green chillies- finely chopped, as per taste
- Red chilly powder- as per taste
- Oil/ ghee– for frying
- Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
- Water- as required
- Knead the flour using water into a soft dough, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients of stuffing and mix.
- Roll out the dough, stuff the mixture into it, seal and roll again.
- Heat a griddle or a non-stick pan and shallow fry the rolled out parantha using very little oil or no oil at all.
- Alternatively, cook them in an air fryer.
- Serve hot with your favorite pickle, curd or tea.