BARFI (WITH KHOYA/ MAWA)- DIWALI SPECIAL
BARFI (WITH KHOYA/ MAWA)
Step by step instructions with pictures are given.
- Home made Khoya/mawa – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder- 2 tsp
- Sugar- 5 tsp (we like a little lighter sugar in our desserts, you can alter as per your taste)
- Ghee- 1 tsp (for greasing plate/ tin)
- Dry fruits- Finely chopped or ground (optional)
- Grease a broad plate with ghee or line a baking tin with parchment paper.
2. If you have prepared khoya/mawa freshly, add the sugar into it directly when it is still warm.
3. And if using refrigerated khoya/mawa, keep it on low flame, get warm and then add sugar after switching the flame off.
4. Let the sugar melt and release moisture, place on low flame and let it cook for about 5-7 min.
5. Add the cardamom powder and keep stirring until the mixture turns into a ball and sticks to the ladle.
6. Transfer on to the prepared plate/ tin.
7. Level with the help of a spatula and let it get set for at least 2-4 hrs.
8. Enjoy your fresh, soft, home-made, non- adulterated barfi!